Our Law School on Banking and Finance follows the concept of being an international conference regarding the current issues of importance in the field of Banking & Finance.
The aim of our one-week program is to offer the participants the opportunity to provide themselves with detailed knowledge in the area of the European and International banking and capital market law. For this purpose we’re going to have lectures for the academic contents by renowned speakers. Furthermore experienced, internationally active lawyers will share their view with the participants within the scope of case studies. Besides, there will be a certain time frame for the participants to focus aspects of the topic.
In addition the program is divided in two: At the beginning we devote ourselves to the principles of banking and finance, in particular the special regulations of the European consumer credit. We’re going to finish this section by lecture on European tax law. Moreover we will give to our participants an excursus to the topic of Financial Technologies (FinTech) to light up upcoming special financing forms.
Additionally we’ll spent the second half of the week in the financial center of Europe – Frankfurt on the Main. There we’ll have interesting lectures about the monetary policy within the Eurosystem and the lastest banking developments, including the visit one of the largest Banks of Europe, leading law firms and institutions.
Following lectures are planed:
- Academic Overview
- Economic Aspects of Banking
- Principles of current International Credit Law
- International/European Capital Market Law
- European Tax Law
- Excursus: FinTech – Financial Banking Services replaced by Modern Technologies?
- The Role of Rating Agencies in the financial system
- The Content and Role of Supervisory Legislation
- Capital Requirements Regulation and Directive
- The monetary policy within the Eurosystem
- IPOs and Capital Market Transactions
- European Capital Market Supervisory Commission (ESFS / ESMA)